Heartburn, pain, heaviness in the stomach – all these symptoms knock us off balance and do not allow us to fully enjoy delicious food. In most cases, the cause of indigestion is heavy fatty foods. Often we not only succumb to the temptation to eat a high-calorie dish, but also aggravate the situation by doing it in a hurry or looking at night. It is not surprising that then we are tormented for a long time by discomfort and a feeling of heaviness. In case of digestive disorders, we feel bad and stay in a state of stress for a long time, which negatively affects our overall health.
Why it is impossible to completely abandon fatty foods
The full functioning of the digestive tract largely depends on what we eat. In order to feel good, it is worth remembering the rules of a healthy diet and in no case can you completely exclude food rich in fats from the diet. The fact is that natural organic compounds are a powerful source of energy. In addition, it is the main building material of the cell membrane. With fatty foods, we get saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, phospholipids and other substances necessary for the body. The benefits of these compounds for humans are beyond doubt. But if you abuse foods rich in fats, it can lead to serious health problems.
What harm can excessive consumption of fatty foods bring
Perhaps each of us has at least once faced a situation when, after eating fatty foods, he begins to feel sick. The fact is that harmful substances (in particular, toxins) actively accumulate in fat cells. In this regard, the body begins to “protest”, and nausea and heartburn may appear. Often, under the influence of negative factors, exacerbation of chronic diseases occurs. Over time, excessive consumption of high-calorie foods can lead to obesity. Problems with excess weight are often accompanied by varicose veins, hypertension, cholecystitis. An overabundance of lipids in the body increases the level of “bad” cholesterol and adversely affects the work of the heart, which increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Also, regular or excessive consumption of such products can cause liver diseases that are difficult to treat.
What foods should be restricted in the diet
- Lard. This is a real champion in the list of fatty foods. It contains a huge amount of lipids, but in minimal amounts, fat is still useful, since it contains selenium, which is useful for immunity.
- Vegetable oils. They also occupy leading positions in this list. Without a doubt, they are important for the human body, as they are rich in unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins. But do not forget that nutritionists recommend using no more than two tablespoons of oil per day.
- Nuts. It is a storehouse of vitamins, minerals, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated acids. But nuts also belong to fatty foods, so it is better to reduce their consumption to 20-30 grams per day.
- Meat. It is a fairly fatty product (especially pork and lamb), but at the same time it is a valuable source of animal proteins and contains amino acids, vitamins and useful substances such as iron and zinc that are necessary for humans. In order not to deny yourself the pleasure of enjoying a meat dish, it is better to take lean beef, veal, rabbit, chicken or turkey. It is also possible to reduce the percentage of fat content if steamed, stewed, boiled, baked in the oven or on the grill.
- Cheese. It is a very nutritious and high-calorie product at the same time. It contains a lot of phosphorus, calcium, vitamins. However, it is still preferable to choose cheeses with a low percentage of fat content.
It is important to understand that with all the positive properties of the above products, they should be consumed with caution. For some people, they are useful, and for others they may be harmful. Thus, fatty foods are contraindicated in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular, with peptic ulcer and gastritis. High-calorie foods should also be abandoned by those who suffer from high cholesterol, atherosclerosis of blood vessels or obesity.
Which products are better to taboo
Due to the extremely high percentage of fat content, it is necessary to significantly limit or completely exclude from the diet:
- semi-finished products, sausages, sausages, sausages;
- cakes, cookies, cakes, chocolate;
- fast food, crackers, chips.
Undoubtedly, these are very fatty foods that you can definitely refuse without any harm to your health. The only positive thing is that we experience pleasure from using them. Of course, sometimes you can please yourself with delicious, but harmful food, but it is important to remember that excessive consumption of fatty foods can cause discomfort, pain and heaviness in the stomach, not to mention the possible development of serious pathologies.
How to help digestion when eating fatty foods
A balanced diet is important for good digestion, so it is necessary to control the amount of fats, proteins and carbohydrates coming from food. To begin with, we suggest reading the table, which indicates the content of useful substances in various products. This information will allow you to eat right, avoiding excessive consumption of junk food. But no matter how we watch our diet, it is not always possible to resist the temptation to eat something fatty.